Join us on our mission to make personalized medicine available to all.
At PubGene AS, we are building Coremine Vitae, a new Digital Health solution for Personalized Medicine. Coremine Vitae empowers patients with cancer, autoimmune or neurodegenerative diseases to live longer and better lives by helping scientists and healthcare providers discover the most precise, effective, and evidence-based treatment options. We use the digital health solution to produce a personalized biomedical intelligence report summarizing treatment options based on your biomarkers, medical history, and treatment preferences. By joining the Coremine Vitae Team you will work on big-data analytics to assist production of accurate, up-to-date, and personalized reports. The Coremine Vitae solution is a CE-marked Medical Device Software, testament of our focus on quality and compliance with all the health, safety, cybersecurity, and performance required by the European legislation.
Location: Oslo, Norway.
You will play a key role in building and scaling our solution, supporting our ability to efficiently provide personalized insights to many more patients, relatives, and their healthcare teams and participate on our mission to make personalized medicine available to all patients.
How we work
We work in multidisciplinary teams of molecular biologists, data scientists and digital health engineers to harmonize patient-specific data, connect them with literature-based and real-world-based evidence, and create personalized insights for Clinical Decision Support and Shared-Decision making (web application and APIs).
- We have early and frequent releases, encouraging a tight feedback loop between developers and our testers/users,
- We strive for high test coverage to enable us to move quickly and refactor without fear.
- We make use of continuous integration to enhance the developers’ life.
What you will do
- Develop algorithms and implement tools to structure and harmonize information extracted from text to generate actionable, evidence-based biomedical insights.
- Identify opportunities to apply NLP and Machine Learning to build, test, and validate models in a range of problems related to identification of clinical evidence and insights.
- You will join our development team to provide actionable insights to feed our new AI-Assisted Evidence web application and APIs.
Your skills and Experience
We believe that you will thrive working in the Coremine Vitae Team if you are eager to learn new things and teach it forward, approach problems systematically, and are passionate about solving problems creatively.
We are looking for you who have hands on experience with:
- Natural Language Processing (NLP), text-mining and machine learning design and implementation in java or python.
- Database and (micro-)service development in java.
- Informatics and/or data analytics in the clinical and biomedical domain, including biomedical terminologies and ontologies, such as UMLS, ICD-10, SNOMED-CT.
We also value the following skills:
- Experience with Linux server environments
- Test Driven Development
- Software engineering principles
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Fluent in English
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Linux server administration
- Publications in NLP, ML, and/or bioinformatics venues in one or more areas related to information extraction or precision medicine.
- Experience building Data-as-a-Service solutions.
- Experience working within healthcare regulatory constraints.
- ISO 27001 (Information Security), ISO 14971:2019 (Risk Management), Software Life-cycle (IEC 62304)
- Knowledge of eHealth open standards such as FHIR, openEHR, International Patient Summary (IPS), FAIR Principles
- Knowledge of Federated Learning.
- Familiar with Evidence Based Medicine, Real-World Research, Clinical Decision Support and Shared Decision-making Best Practices